Fiber optic sensing cable systems are used in different ways in buildings and geotechnical engineering. For example, to monitor and measure earth movement, water penetration, hydrological processes, air layers and permafrost. Temperature, humidity and expansion sensor technology and, increasingly, fiber optic acoustic sensors are frequently used in buildings and built-up areas, and to protect people and infrastructure.
Products and services from Solifos with coordinated emission monitoring go a long way to encourage safety and efficiency in status monitoring and early damage detection in buildings and open terrain.
Fiber optic temperature sensor cable
- Measuring temperature changes distributed over the entire length of the sensor cable
- Detecting and locating abnormal temperatures
- Zone alarm in response to abnormal temperatures (unusually cool or hot)
Heatable fiber optic temperature sensor cable
- Measuring temperature performance distributed over the entire length of the sensor cable
- Detecting and locating humidity and leaks
- Zone alarm in response to abnormal temperature performance (cooling too quickly)
Fiber optic expansion sensor cable
- Measuring local expansion forces
- Identifying and locating changes and tears in the structures
- Zone alarm when limit values are exceeded
Fiber optic acoustic sensor cable
- Measurement of acoustic noise sources
- Analysing and locating suspicious noises
- Zone alarm when noises are detected, indicating a hazard, malfunction or other important status or event information
Examples of application
Dams, masonry dams and water channels, at-risk buildings or pipelines, irrigation systems, avalanche barriers, landslip zones, mines, caverns, nuclear repositories, bodies of water, glaciers and ice layers
All types of fiber optic sensor cables may be used in these applications, in one form or another.
Our team of specialists is always available to help you to select the right products and advise on installation, commissioning and final acceptance. Talk to us.